The perfect weekday creamy tuna and veggie soup that delights the senses and nourishes the body. It basically cooks itself and requires only 6 ingredients.
Have you ever wondered how the perfect soup looks like? In my dreams it has long yellow fluffy tail, dark pink butterfly wings and can sing like Adelle whenever you press a green button on its tummy. Really? Nope, just playing around with funny words on a cloudy summer afternoon.
In fact, my dream go-to soup requires a handful of ingredients and can basically cook itself (read minimum effort and supervision on my end). That means I can simply throw all ingredients into one pot, turn on the heat and go play for a while with my little guy after I pick him up from kindergarten.
If your favorite soup looks similar to mine, then look no further and check out our creamy and dreamy tuna soup below. It’s a keeper!
HOW TO THAW FROZEN TUNA FISH STEAKS
The method you use largely depends on time and/or desire to use microwave in the process. I personally avoid using microwave as much as possible, so thawing frozen meat & fish always goes two ways in my kitchen:
- Refrigerator: place frozen tuna steaks in ceramic dish with package on and leave sit overnight (up to 12 hours). I usually take them out the freezer in the morning and by the time I come back from work they are ready to cook.
- Cold water: place plastic bag with frozen tuna in a bowl full of cold water and let sit until defrosted. Remove packaging and cook as usual.
The beauty of this soup hides within the zucchini + dill combination. However, if you do not have fresh dill on hand substitution with fresh parsley or onion chives will still translate into freshness.
Another possible substitution is the fish – instead of tuna use salmon. Just make sure the meat has no bones in it.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES:
Juicy Tuna Steaks Recipe + tips on how to make the juiciest tuna steaks
Creamy Nettle soup – for the green leafy lovers (Greek Style)
Dock leaves Noodle soup – with substitution tips and ideas
Meatball Winter Soup – that we enjoy any season really
Alaska Pollock Fillets with Sun Dried Tomatoes – perfect light dinner idea!
Creamy Tuna Soup
- 1 medium potato, russet type
- 2 medium to small zucchinis
- 4 ounce tuna steaks
- ½ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bouillon cube, or salt& pepper to taste, vegetable
- 4 cups cold water ( 240 ml) or more as needed
- Wash vegetables under cold water. Peel potato and zucchini (if desireskin off and chop veggies in large pieces. Wash dill and chop finely.
- In large (non-sticcooking pot, place potatoes, zucchinis, olive oil, chopped dill, tuna steaks, bouillon cube and water, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let cook until all ingredients are tender. Stir occasionally. Add more cold water if needed to reach desired thickness of soup.
- Once fully cooked, remove soup from stove top and let cool. Then pour soup into high speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Transfer to cooking pot and sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.