Creamy and dreamy melon smoothie with oat milk and no bananas.
It’s finally summer around here – we changed jackets for t-shirts (with no buttons – as requested by my 2 year old) and welly boots for sandals. Question remains though: do I still bring an umbrella to work for those afternoon quick showers or do I risk getting soaked (as wet hen like my granny used to say). This is a tough one, especially when my bag is exceptionally heavy these days – full of important stuff (of course).
One thing that i always bring along though is my smoothie bottle. Filled with creamy, refreshing summer sweet liquid – it always finds its way around and into my tummy. Yum!
What I love about smoothies, is that they are super versatile and let you play around with creaminess, sweetness and fruits. Plus they make a wonderful & healthy mid-morning snack – you know, for times when we are inappropriately hungry (like between breakfast and lunch time).
Oat milk -> almond milk or homemade flax seeds milk (so good for the gut!)
Honey -> agave nectar or maple syrup (or other vegan friendly alternatives)
Banana -> 2 tbsp greek yogurt (heaping) – we prefer full fat Greek Yogurt
Add: Chia seeds, flax seeds, maca powder, spirulina mix, ice, banana or Greek Yogurt;
POWERFUL DAY (maca power smoothie infusion)
One thing that goes incredibly well with this smoothie is maca powder. I add maca to all my smoothies and juices as it gives me some extra boost of energy and vitality (much better than coffee). If you are new to maca powder, I suggest building up your way gradually – starting with as little as appropriate (tip of a teaspoon or half teaspoon per se). Then, build up the quantity until you & your body feel comfortable.
If you have little ones in the house, it’s best to consult with pediatrician before feeding them maca powder. As my 2 year old does not consume smoothies with maca, I add my portion once the smoothie has been divided into cups/bottles. That way everyone is happy.
MORE TASTY DRINKS
Easy Melon Oat Smoothie (4 Ingredients)
- 1 cup melon chunks, fresh or frozen melon
- 2 cups oat milk, homemade or store bought
- 1 tbsp honey (or vegan sweetener of choice), preferably organic
- 1/3 cups baby spinach
- 1 chunk ginger root, optional
- 1 tsp maca powder (organic), optional
- Ice to taste, optional
- Wash melon under cold water, clean form seeds and cut into small chunks. Or use pre-cut frozen melon.
- In blender of choice add melon chunks, oat milk, honey (or vegan sweetener) and baby spinach and blend until desired smoothness is reached.
- Optional: Add ginger root, maca powder and ice and blend with other ingredients.
- Pour in cups/ bottle and serve immediately. Share with friends.
How we use maca powder: please head over recipe for details.