It’s time we make the easiest Greek Yogurt pancakes that are soft and fluffy and super tasty. Not to mention you’ll need just a bowl and a whisk to make them. No baking powder included either. Needless to say, fan or no fan of Greek yogurt, these pancakes might become your new favorite breakfast.
Have you ever tried Greek Yogurt pancakes? Just looking around or simply wanting to try out something new? Well, this is the recipe for you. Trust me you need these pancakes in your life!
They have a very unique flavor and texture – they are soft and fluffy just like classic american pancakes, however they only require Greek Yogurt and some baking soda (to make them airy).
What I also love about them you can barely go wrong with measurements, plus no fancy equipment is ever required – you’ll be good with a fork and a bowl. Yup, it’s that simple.
So, if I shall summarize these EPIC Greek Yogurt pancakes are:
- Fluffy and airy
- Require only 5 ingredients -> Greek Yogurt, Eggs, Flour (both bleached and whole grains work wonders) , some baking powder and a pinch of salt.
Mind you, the Greek Yogurt we use is usually between (2-4% fat), if you choose fattier version you might reduce the flour with a tablespoon or two. But even if you do not, they still turn amazing.
Epic Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- 3 eggs, medium to large
- 3 cups 400g Greek yogurt , 2-4% fat
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- olive oil/ butter for greasing the pan, optional
1 cup = 200 ml
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs and pinch of salt, then whisk until combined.
- Add Greek Yogurt and baking soda and stir well until the mix raises (puffs) slightly.
- Then finally add the flour and whisk into the mix until well combined.
- Preheat pancake pan and grease lightly with olive oil / butter (optional). Using a medium ladle pour some of the batter onto pan and distribute evenly around to form a nice circle (just like american pancakes).
- Once bubbles start to form and pancake can be lifted with a wooden spatula, flip over and keep onto pan until cooked.