Greek zucchini fritters – healthy & simple to make (no frying), these zucchini flat-bites are perfect as side meal or light dinner. Greek topping recipe included.
What makes these fritters especially Greek-y is the combination of feta, dill and Greek yogurt (for serving). However, if you fall short on feta cheese these days, substitute with any type of yellow (ish) cheese like parmesan or cheddar. The idea behind it is that you want to add a ‘’melting but sticky type’’ of cheese that will help bind all ingredients together more firmly.
=>> One way to multiply the Greek experience is to prepare one simple Greek Yogurt sauce and spread it over your fritters as if topping pancakes with honey. Mmm, yum!
For the Greek Yogurt Sauce you’ll need:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt ( drained)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill + pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
It almost feels like you are sitting in a breezy Greek restaurant on Halkidiki, glazing at the blue crystal clear waters of the sea while being served traditional Greek cuisine.
=>> Another, more simple way is to just top the fritters with plain Greek yogurt (cold from the fridge) or feta cheese for that matter. It works perfectly if you are short on time or simply lazy (did I just say that?) on a busy weekday.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES TO TRY:
ZUCCHINI YOGURT DIP (GET IT HERE)
EASY STUFFED MUSHROOMS (GET IT HERE)
GRILLED ASPARAGUS RECIPE (GET IT HERE)
GUT-FRIENDLY KALE PESTO (GET IT HERE)
CREAMY BABA GANOUSH RECIPE (GET IT HERE)
Greek Zucchini Fritters
- 1, ½ pounds zucchinis, grated
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for greasing the pan
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Whole Greek Yogurt, for topping
- Wash zucchini under cold water and grade. Place zucchinis and pinch of salt in colander and leave for around 10 min. Then press (with hand, fork or clotzucchini shreds down to drain excess moisture.
- Transfer drained, grated zucchinis to large mixing bowl and add eggs, whole wheat flour, feta cheese, dill, baking soda and garlic and stir until well combined. The mix should seem sticky, but modifiable.
- Grease non-stick pan with olive oil and place small portion of the batter into preheated large skillet (using ladle or spoon). Gently distribute batter evenly to form flat circle. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with suggested topping and enjoy!