Wonderful easy homemade crepes recipe (authentic), carrying chocolatey note of sweetness into your life. Ideally enjoyed at breakfast or brunch. Vegetarian and kid-firendly too. With instructions and pictures.
Some things never go out of style. Like a classic brown coat or a pair of black loafers. Same goes for foods. A classic French Crepe – that has a chocolate flavor that is – is always welcome at my table).
It’s been a crazy year for all around the globe – between social distancing and isolation through loosing a job and for some the inevitable hearbreak of loosing a loved one, I feel we all desserve a little somethign to pick us up on a regular weekday. Don’t you agree?
The best part is – Kids love a homemade chocolate breakfast (and bet grown up too). If you worry about serving cacao to a little pumpkin – then simply substitute with carob powder and the result will be the same.
WANT THE BEST TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT FRENCH CREPE – check out our classic French Crepes Recipe for further instructions.
Also be sure to check out our other crepe/pancake recipes below. And if I need to pick a family favorite – that would be the EPIC GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES ( RECIPE HERE)
Chocolate French Crepes Recipe
1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar, or more if prefered
- 1 tbsp cacao, or carob powder
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, milk and flour. Then add sugar, vanilla and cacao powder. Beat until well combined.
- In preheated non-stick pancake pan (medium heat) add a portion of the batter to cover the surface of the pan. Let cook until the ends of the crepe start to lift up. Then flip the crepe over and let cook for a moment.
- Remove from pan and cook the remaining crepe batter the same way. Transfer to a large plate and cover with lid/ another plate to keep crepes from drying out.