Parsley fritters with Feta cheese and olive oil – healthy, simple to make and packed with freshness, these fritters are perfect as side meal to fish or simply on its own with some Greek Yogurt and dill on top
Why we Love it:
- One word – parsley!
- Healthy and refreshing
- Easy to prepare
A few years back, we went to a Metro store and encountered huge bouquets of parsley for insanely small amount of money.
My then university-student-brain did not even ask for permission and directed my hand towards the biggest parsley bunch. When we got home and unpacked the shopping bags, my reasoning slowly started to return to it’s normal state. I did not have any idea what to do with so much parsley. Mind you, we did not have a freezer at the time. So, faced with the scenario that my parsley investment may end up in the rubbish bin, I had to make something with it.
Simple Parsley Fritters with Feta Cheese
- 2 bunches of parsley (large) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1, 1/2 cups feta cheese , crumbled
- 3 tbsp (heaping) whole wheat flour, (GF mix) or more as needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- In a large bowl mix chopped parsley, chives, eggs, feta cheese and flour until well combined. (I use food processor to chop the parsley and chives). If the batter looks liquid-y add some more whole wheat flour to form a unified batter.
- In a non-stick pan, greased with olive oil, add 1/2 of a regular sized ladle (approx. 1/2 cup) and distribute to form a flat fritter.
- Let sit until golden and flip over. Remove once both sized are golden and firm. Repeat until all parsley batter has been used.
- Top with some Greek Yogurt (cold) and minced garlic (garlic press does it best)