Sweet and chewy, these honey glazed carrots are super simple to make and make one perfect side meal for any type of meat & fish.
It’s early Saturday morning. D. literally rushes into the supermarket (Lidl), not taking his eyes off the store’s luggage locks – you know, fancy buttons, red and green lights and a small-ish door that requires a penny to store your luggage while you shop.
As we stand there for about 10 minutes (or maybe more), I scan the nearby veggie stand to see what’s fresh and possibly on sale. Then, I notice a cute carrot bunch, looking at me, almost smiling. Have you ever seen friendly carrots before? Me neither, so I quickly grabbed a bunch and fearlessly put it in my shopping basket. It feel’s (almost) like I’ve taken it from my granny’s vegetable garden.
As living in the city may leave our little guy with the impression veggies and fruits grow in supermarkets, we try and explain nature’s basic laws every time we see a window of opportunity (read toddler is eager to explore and ready to listen and absorb). And this supermarket trip was just that.
What about you? Do you take your little ones in the store with you?
Skinny Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 carrot bunch, organic
- 1 tbsp raw honey, heaping
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp dill leaves (or to taste), chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic (powder) , or more to taste
- salt, pepper to state, optional
- Cut carrot leaves off, then wash carrots under cold water and peel their skin off.
- In a small bowl mix honey, olive oil, chopped dill and garlic, then mix well until combined.
- With a cooking brush (or your fingers) coat the carrots on each side.
- Place in a ceramic baking dish (like this one on Amazon) and bake in oven for about 45 min on 180 C/ 360 F.
- Check with fork to see if tender enough. Take out the oven and serve as a side dish or appetizer with hummus for example.