Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad
Lovely roasted root vegetables salad, hugged by crisp arugula and hearty nuts.
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 medium Parsnips peeled and chopped
- 1 large beet peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp honey liquid-y runny
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil + more for topping as needed
- 1 tbsp fresh/dried thyme
- Pinch of salt
- 7 ounces / 200 g fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup Feta cheese crumbs optional but very tasty
Roasted Root Veggies
Rinse carrots, parsnip and beet under cold water. Peel skin off and cut into small cubes. Place on non-stick baking surface and drizzle with liquid-y runny honey (if needed previously melted on low temp.), 3 tbsp olive oil, vinegar and top with thyme.
Mix until all roots are coated with marinade. Bake in preheated oven (190 C/ 375 F) for about 30-40 minutes, or until beets become tender. Preserve in air-tight container (when cooled down) or use immediately in salad.
=> Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free; Nutritious and kid-friendly too.
As any other salad recipe, this hearty winter root veggie side bears on modifications. If some ingredients seem too little (or too much) of, please feel free to adapt to personal preferences :)