Light Dock Leaves Noodle Soup
Light Dock Leaves Noddle Soup – the perfect easy seasonal (spring) soup, packed with bold tastes and simple to prepare. This recipe is one perfect office lunch or weekday healthy meal.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 bouquet dock leaves between 10-15 large leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 large onion head diced
- 1 large carrot peeled & diced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube preferably organic
- handful of whole wheat noodles crushed
- 3 cups water or more if needed
- European quail eggs for topping optional but very tasty
In large bowl, soak dock leaves (or spinach if substituting) in cold water and let sit for 10 minutes. Then rinse, remove stems and mince the green part of the leaves. Set aside. Chop onion, carrot and combine with diced dock (spinach) leaves and olive oil. In a large soup/sauce pan with lid, sauté onions, carrots, dock leaves with olive oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir to prevent vegetables from burning and/or add a little bit of water if needed.
Add (remaining) water, bouillon cube and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let cook until almost ready.
Add whole wheat noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are soft.
Remove from stove top and serve warm with Greek Yogurt /Feta Cheese or Eggs.
Please head over recipe for more tips, substitutions and office lunch ideas.