Mediterranean Bulgur with Shrimp and Zucchini
Mediterranean style Bulgur with zucchini and shrimp, infused by aromatic herbs and fresh lemon. Perfect light healthy dinner / lunch for the whole family.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 zucchini, medium chopped into small pieces
- 1 pack raw pink shrimp frozen with tail off
- 1 medium onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- 1, 1/2 cup bulgur not cooked
- water (or use vegetable stock) for cooking bulgur
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube, optional if water used for bulgur
In a large sauce pan with lid, cook bulgur according to package instructions. Alternatively, combine water and bulgur, then bring to a boil and let simmer until fully cooked. Add water (and one vegetable bullion cube) or vegetable stock to make it's taste rich and more delicious.
In a separate sauce pan add minced garlic, onion and olive oil. Saute for 5-7 minutes until tender ( stir frequently as onion browns quickly).
Then add chopped zucchini, black pepper, salt and minced dill and cook until zucchini are almost done. Then add (thawed) shrimp and let simmer until cooked. Cover with lid and stir frequently. Edges of zucchini may get brownish (which is much tastier in my view).
Then remove from stove top and add cooked bulgur. Stir well to combine and serve warm drizzled with some organic soy sauce or balsamic vinegar.
Note: for our best tips and tricks please look above recipe